I’m not sure if any of you are like me, but I get some serious hair envy when I’m scrolling through Instagram. I know a lot of people get extensions these days but I am not one of the fortunate ones that can afford those!
I do my best with Oribe and R+Co products to get healthy and voluminous hair. The bigger the hair the closer to God! I’m not super religious but a pageant girl I met in college told me that saying, and I think about it every time I’m styling my hair! Ha!
Oribe Obsessed and R + Co Culture
I’ve always had manageable hair, it never really gets too frizzy or out of control. I’m lucky, I know! I started getting highlights about three years ago and I didn’t realize how much maintenance goes into blonde upkeep. When you get highlights, it causes your hair to dry out and break more easily. When I would blow-dry my hair it would become SO frizzy! I was finally introduced to Oribe and R+Co and my hair has never been the same. This is not a sponsored post I am just #OribeObsessed!
The best part about both of these product lines is they are sulfate free, vegan friendly, and cruelty free! (heck yes)
- Oribe Bright Blonde Shampoo – I only wash my hair about twice a week. When I do, I use about a quarter size amount of the shampoo. The purple orchid extract is what brightens and tones out the brassiness color that my hair fades into.
- Oribe Bright Blonde Conditioner – This stuff is amazing! It is also purple and detangles and repairs breakage.
- R+Co Park Ave Blowout Balm – I towel dry my hair and brush through it wet, I then use about a dime size amount of the balm and run it through my hair with my fingers. Stay away from the scalp and roots to avoid greasiness and weighing the hair down.
- Oribe Gold Lust Dry Shampoo – I use this to give my hair volume by spraying it about 10 inches from my roots after I blow-dry my hair. It is also AWESOME for those non-wash days.
- R+Co Badlands Dry Shampoo balm – I don’t use this product every day but this shiz is seriously magical. You take a little bit in your hands and rub your hands together. You then put it on your roots or the greasy areas of your hair. The magical part of this is the product turns from a balm in your hands to a powder on your hair. If you want to style your hair or move it around, the heat from a blow dryer turns it into an oil and you can move it around!! HOW COOL!
- Oribe Swept Up – This is for when I want my hair to be big and bed head-like. I typically use this at nighttime when I go out or when it is the day before I am going to wash my hair. It gives my hair that big, sexy, messy look.
- R+Co Trophy Shine and Texture Spray – I spray this over my curls and scrunch the curls to give it the perfect amount texture while giving it a beautiful shine as well!
There are tons of other products that both of these lines make. Oribe is on the pricey side so if you’re not looking to spend that much money- I would go for R+Co. They have similar formulas as they used to be sister companies. Both of these hair care lines are amazing in my opinion! If you ever want to try these products just go to a Blue Mercury store and ask for a free sample.
Make it a great day!