Rick and I were lucky enough to travel to the happy island of Aruba in February! It was SO gorgeous and surprisingly cheap on the island. We were there for the entire week after the Super Bowl and it was just incredible to say the least.
However, I wanted to let you all in on a secret… I did not have the best time the first few days… I was disgustingly sick when we first arrived in Aruba! I wasn’t even able to go to the Super Bowl parade in Philly the day before we left. I also found out I am allergic to sunscreen… I grew up in Florida so this was extremely shocking to me. I called my mom and she told me that it runs on her side of the family to be allergic to “paba” in certain sunscreens. BUT, despite all of this, we had an unbelievable time in Aruba and we want to go back as soon as we can!
The Hilton Resort & Casino in Aruba has BY FAR the best customer service I have ever experienced. If you are planning to travel to Aruba, I highly recommend staying there in the Aruba tower. It costs a little bit extra to be on the eighth floor – this would be perfect for a honeymoon or a romantic trip. The hotel offers complimentary bottles of champagne in each room and the view over looks the ocean, which is breathtaking. There is also a concierge that takes care of anything you may need – reservations, excursions, etc. In the morning there is free breakfast – fresh omelets, pastries, and a juice bar. In the evening there are free appetizers and drinks. We took full advantage of this… I’m pretty sure I gained 10 pounds that week, ha.
We spent most of our time relaxing on the beach, eating and drinking so I made a list of our favorite restaurants on the island!
Favorite Restaurants in Aruba
- El Gaucho – Melt in your mouth steak at a reasonable price. I’m sorry for anyone that is vegetarian/vegan but this place superb. I got the El Gaucho steak and the spare ribs fall right off the bone.
- Sunset Grille – This restaurant is in the Hilton and is well-known across the island. We went there about four times I think, and everything was delicious.
- Gilligan’s – This was also on our resort property and was only open for lunch. I had the fish tacos or a cheeseburger every day for lunch!
- Barefoot – We were unlucky here because it was raining the night we went, but the tables at Barefoot are on the beach and you take your shoes off! We still had an incredible experience but we were unable to be on the beach. We both had a grouper special.
- Eduardo’s Beach Shack – Acai bowls! Yum! Eduardo’s shack uses fresh fruit everyday to make bowls. It was such a refreshing snack.
- Pelican Nest – This is a MUST! You sit right over the blue ocean on a pier and enjoy the breeze and eat yummy seafood.
I hope Rick and I get to go back to Aruba as soon as we can!
Where is somewhere you want to travel soon?
Make it a great day!