I can’t even believe how fast this year went! I wanted to do a little roundup of the products I have been loving. My posts have been leaning a bit toward fashion, but beauty products and beauty itself is definitely more my strong suit!
These are the products that I have used for more than a month that I am loving and will definitely be repurchasing in the new year. I like to be open and honest when it comes to my routines because I appreciate when other bloggers do the same.
- Glam Glow Mask – I cannot say enough good things about this line in general. I started with the firming seaweed mask and moved into the clearing mud mask. The entire line smells so fresh and feels incredible on your skin. Each of the masks are designed for a specific purpose and there are always bundles to buy so you can multi-mask. Every one of their masks has lasted more than 3 months and never leaves my skin feeling stripped.
- Oribe Texture Spray – I know this line is high priced but honestly, you are getting what you pay for. The entire line is gluten free, vegan friendly, paraben free and the only sulfates in certain products are derived from corn so they are not stripping to your hair. This texture spray creates a sexy bed head effect without compromising silk and shine.
- R& Co Texture and Shine Spray – I use this for my third day of unwashed hair. I spray and scrunch my hair to try to reactivate my curls and give a messy hair look. My hair is kind of dirty at this point so my hair reacts very well to this spray. It doesn’t leave your hair sticky or hard to run your hands through.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo – I really hate washing my hair. Like…. absolutely hate it. I try to go at LEAST 4 days without washing my hair. The secret to being able to do so? Dry Shampoo. I’ve tried just about every one on the market. There are very few that don’t like a gross residue and weigh your hair down. This is the one I am currently loving. I want to try using corn starch because it is better for the environment but I will keep you all posted on that…
- Fanola No Yellow Shampoo– This is the holy grail of purple shampoo. BE WARNED – you CANNOT leave it on for more than 2-3 minutes or you will have silver hair. Be sure to wash your hands off after putting in your hair as well. It tones out any yellow and creates the ashy blonde that I like my hair to be. I use this once a week. It also smells really fruity and yummy.
- Face Razor – Yup. You read that right! I shave my face. I mean, I don’t lather up with shaving cream and join Rick but I buzz off the peach fuzz. This helps exfoliate the dead skin on your face and creates an even layer for makeup to glide on. It’s been life changing.
- Redken 2 in 1 blow dryer – My newest obsession!! I have never been one to be able to blow dry my hair with a spiral brush. I typically just rough dry my hair and call it a day. This brush/dryer does all of the work for you! All you have to do is brush your hair. I kid you not. It is the coolest thing and it leaves your hair bouncy, shiny, and voluminous. The best part? It is pretty reasonable in terms of price!
- Laura Mercier Powder – Game changer. I’ve always been into makeup. But I never knew the importance of setting your makeup, like what… how did I miss that?! This translucent powder doesn’t cake your makeup but makes your skin look smooth and blended and keeps your makeup where it should be, all day long. It is definitely worth the investment.
- Makeup Eraser – I credit this find to a dear friend of mine, Kara. This handy dandy rag is so cool. It is a reusable makeup removing wipe. You dampen the rag and wipe off your makeup. It literally comes right off. Not only is this better for your face than wipes, but it is better for your bank account. The soft cloth doesn’t pull on your eyes or scratch your skin. Once the makeup is on the wipe, it locks in and doesn’t come off on your next use. I toss it in the wash with scent free detergent at the end of the week and it is good as new. I’m pretty upset that I didn’t think to come up with this idea first.
- Silk Pillowcase – I’ve heard lots of people discuss the benefits of sleeping on a silk pillowcase and knew I needed to try it. I have only used it for about a week so my review may not be set in stone. So far, it has kept my hair so soft. It is not tangled in the morning and I don’t look I have a birds nest on my head. It supposedly helps with breakouts and anti-aging in addition. I have been breaking out due to the cold weather so I haven’t noticed a huge difference but we will see about long term. I was a little thrown off at first because my face kept sliding right off of the pillow but you get used to it! Don’t give up on the silk life. ha!
These are my favorites right now and they are constantly changing. I will try to do these reviews more often!
I hope you all have a fantastic and safe holiday season.
Make it a great day!